West of England Eye Infirmary

FOUNDED  1808. Closed 1992

LOCATION  Holloway Street, Exeter until 1813, then Magdalen Street, Exeter

BIBLIOGRAPHY  Russell, Patrick M. G. (1976): A history of the Exeter Hospitals, 1170-1948 (Exeter Medical Postgraduate Institute): 102-19. | Sorsby, Arnold (1946): Nineteenth century provincial eye hospitals (with special reference to those no longer extant), The British Journal of Ophthalmology, 30: 501-46

CENSUS REFERENCES

  • 1851: HO107/1868, folio 457a, page 16

ORIGINAL RECORDS  Devon Heritage Centre, Great Moor House, Bittern Road, Exeter EX2 7NL. Telephone 01392 888700. Website

ONLINE RESOURCES

Advertisements