Gloucester Infirmary

GLOUCESTER INFIRMARY (2)

Gloucester Infirmary, 1848
(courtesy of antiqueprints.com)

FOUNDED  1755

LOCATION  Southgate Street, Gloucester

BIBLIOGRAPHY  Frith, B. (1961): The story of Gloucester’s infirmary, compiled on the occasion of the bicentenary of the opening, 18th July, 1761 (Gloucester, Stroud & the Forest Hospital Management Committee). | Whitcombe, George (1903): The general infirmary at Gloucester and the Gloucestershire eye institution: its past and present (Gloucester: John Bellows)

CENSUS REFERENCES

  • 1851: HO107/1962, folios 235b-239a, pages 1-8

Ann Catherine Setree, matron of the infirmary 1847-87
(© Mark Collyer)

ORIGINAL RECORDS  Gloucestershire Archives, Clarence Row, Alvin Street, Gloucester, GL1 3DW. Telephone 01452 425295 Website

ONLINE RESOURCES

 

Advertisements