Bath Mineral Hospital

Bath Hospital 1885 reportFOUNDED  1738. In 1851 census known as the General Hospital.  From c. 1940, known as the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases

LOCATION  Corner of Union Street and Borough Walls, St. Peters and St. Pauls, Bath

BIBLIOGRAPHY  Tunstall, J., The Bath waters: their uses and effects in the cure and relief of various chronic diseases, 1850, John Churchill, London  ||  Falconer, R. W.  & Brabazon, A. B., History of the Royal Mineral Water Hospital, Bath, 1888, Charles Hallett, Bath  ||  Rolls, R., Hospital of the nation: story of spa medicine and the Mineral Hospital at Bath, 1988, Bird Publications

1851 CENSUS  

Type of resident Male Female Total
Medical staff 1 0 1
Nursing staff 0 13 13
Dispensary staff 0 0 0
Portering staff 1 0 1
Domestic staff 0 5 5
Patients 70 40 110
Others 0 0 0
Total 72 58 130

Reference: HO 107/1941, folios 204b-208a, pages 53-60

DATABASES

ORIGINAL RECORDS  Bath Record Office, Guildhall, High Street, Bath, BA1 5AW. Telephone 01962 846154 Website.  Full catalogue listing (part of the records of the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases)

PATIENT RECORDS

Advertisements